A ONE OF A KIND TRIP TO BALUT ISLAND: Celebrating post Valentine with Lipol Grace Academy Students


By:  Jessemar J. Wao


February is said to be the heart month. It is with this month that various celebrations would be noticed. For some, month of February is the most romantic month for Proms and dates which are actually very rampant. Various celebrations from the schools, business establishments like hotels, malls and many others, just to show various ways of celebrating Valentines Day. Ours is different. We had a very , I think exciting, challenging, and of course worth remembering post valentine celebration  with my students in college at Lipol Grace Academy located at Lipol Sarangani Davao del Sur, Balut Island. As the school’s administrator of course my task to visit every month the school and also conducted activities and one of the activities is Heart Night.  
   

                                                                                       
                                                                                    OUR TRAVEL PLAN

Nicole Reyes, Wilna Catipay, Angelie  Huesna, and  Ruel Huesca had already planned about the trip because they all wanted to visit the place, as they always want to  see some of the panoramic views of Balut Island.  I have been bragging it to them about the place. I never knew that they have been craving to experience the trip. At last, the decision to go had been realized.  I instructed my students that if they would join, they should help me in the conduct of the heart night program and so they said they will. Then February 19, 2013 Tuesday is supposedly the day we will depart however due to typhoon signals the departure was cancelled instead of February 19, it was transferred into February 20, Wednesday.
                                                                                  
AND THE JOURNEY BEGINS

I could see the faces of the four students seemed so excited to ride the vessel. They were so energetic to carry their bags, unfortunately we’ve waited four hours from 8:00 PM to 1:00 AM. We had experienced so much risky situation before we rode the vessel. Since the vessel is not for passenger services the in charge of the vessel instructed us that we should find a place where the members of the coastguard could not see us while checking the vessel and he instructed us that we should go to  Banwalan Tambler it where the small boats stayed as they call it ( Pakura) a small service boat. Then we went to Banwalan and follow instructions.  The Pakura operator transported us to the vessel named M/V Orlan J by two’s because it could not carry many passengers. The situation was too risky, first you have to balance the weight when you ride pakura because if not you tendencies are, the small boat might sink or you might be drenched by water. At last we made it all.

While on the vessel,  all of us were silent and waited for the engine to start. Then few minutes ago the vessel have its trip to Balut Island. I never sleep that time because as what I have learned from travelling , they said that when you ride a vessel you should not take a sleep or a nap because if thing go wrong you are prepared. I noticed my students were all calm yet the waves started to roar.  Then at 5: 00 clock in the morning, as the sun started to rise my student Nicole hurriedly came out and  went to the front area of the vessel and had her picture as the sun rises in Balut Island. Then Angelie followed her and all of them were so amazed with the horizon of the sun from the south.

AND THE PARTY BEGINS


It was 10: 00 o clock in the morning when we expedited and already at Barangay  Lipol,  I could see the happy faces of my students as they warmly welcome us. They were so excited to see us and mingle with my college students. They were all prepared for the event which will supposedly happen a day after however due to heavy rains and strong winds the program was cancelled and was held Saturday  night.  My students were so busy preparing  the food. My objective about the said activity is that I wanted to see my students wearing formal attire. I wanted to see them how they behave in a party. And I wanted to bring what is in the city food set-up. Nicole, Angelie and Ruel were in  charge of the food preparation. My sister Jesseluz and my niece Sheena were in charge of the cooking of food. Our Barangay captain which is also my cousin was there and he was so happy because it was the first time where the formal party was held in our Barangay.
============ Read the  Part  II of this Article============

Comments