Philosophy in Teaching English




Being a teacher is not an easy task.  Teacher’s work like lesson plan making, classroom monitoring and the students learning progress all these when pressure arise, somehow teacher’s life would be at stake. However, the prize of being teaching cannot be paid. I just cannot imagine the future of the learner would be ruined if not properly guided.
Motivating learner and inspiring them must be the objective of academic learning.  Learners should be taught with all passion by the teachers.

When I was younger, I never dream nor wish that I would be a teacher. My ultimate wish was to become a prominent broadcast journalist or a writer. However, here I am mastering my field as a teacher concentrating English Language teaching.
My philosophy in teaching is that, I want my learners to be able to understand all my lessons specifically in English subject. On July 18th I will be celebrating my three years in DepEd, though I have been teaching eight years ago in various colleges in General Santos City. As observed, In Alberto Olarte Sr. National High School the  station where I came from have  so many problems particularly in learning English.  There are some instances when students would answer his test question in Filipino even though the subject is English and these made me challenge as a teacher. I understand why these problem arise , it is because they belong to diverse culture like  Blaan, Sangir, Indonesians, Cebunanos and other cultures. However, as a teacher I have to  make some ways on how to solve this problem. Being a DepEd fellow scholar is a great opportunity in such a way that I would be able to gain and grasp knowledge that I could apply when I get back home. I am so thankful that God has given me the chance to be included in this endeavor so that I  could address the problem in our community.  As a half blooded IP in my community it  is very challenging on my part  having this situation – a teacher in Balut Island.
As a teacher in my place, I know that God gave me this duty and that is to educate the people of  Balut Island. I want them to be like me also and with that I have to exert efforts on how to find solutions in every problem especially in my classrooms. As of now , all these things that I have learned specially the techniques and methods would be a great help in educating the students where I am assigned. I am Jessemar J. Wao and I am a teacher.


Comments