LIVING AND SUFFERING ASTHMA

Shortness of breathe, coughing, and chest tightness all these have been experienced by me. My days  were not normal two days ago and even until now. My asthma attacks and once again I am in my difficulty  in breathing. few years ago I was hospitalized and stayed at the St. Elizabeth hospital for a week and was diagnosed by asthma. Now its coming back again, my asthma rarely attacks I do not know why? maybe because of the weather in GENSAN. I made a research and let me share to you  this


What Causes Asthma Symptoms To Occur?

Many things can trigger or worsen asthma symptoms. Your doctor will help you find out which things (sometimes called triggers) may cause your asthma to flare up if you come in contact with them. Triggers may include:
  • Allergens from dust, animal fur, cockroaches, mold, and pollens from trees, grasses, and flowers
  • Irritants such as cigarette smoke, air pollution, chemicals or dust in the workplace, compounds in home décor products, and sprays (such as hairspray)
  • Medicines such as aspirin or other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and nonselective beta-blockers
  • Sulfites in foods and drinks
  • Viral upper respiratory infections, such as colds
  • Physical activity, including exercise
Other health conditions can make asthma harder to manage. Examples of these conditions include a runny nose, sinus infections, reflux disease, psychological stress, and sleep apnea.  These conditions need treatment as part of an overall asthma care plan.

Asthma is different for each person. Some of the triggers listed above may not affect you. Other triggers that do affect you may not be on the list. Talk with your doctor about the things that seem to make your asthma worse. Source  from ( http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov)

Comments